Please see the conference programme below.
There will be filming throughout the conference, expo and awards 2017. Sessions will be broadcasted live on social media and our website for those unable to make it to view.
Please use the hashtag #DYP17 and follow @explosiveents @alternativedocs and @sethihealth for live feeds and updates.
We will have official photographers and media representatives covering the event and a post event press release will follow for all award winners and panel speakers.
See you soon! #DYP17
Contact the conference team 24 /7 by selecting option 4 at +44(0)161 300 2250 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 8th Oct 2017 10:00 – 17:00 B.E.C Arena, Manchester
Our aim is to showcase the diversity of roles available within the NHS and beyond. We support healthcare professionals to explore diverse sectors and lead fulfilling careers.
This conference is not only for medical students, trainees, GPs, Consultants and Dentists, it is open to all professionals.
Surgery, Radiology, Psychiatry, Primary Care, Quality Improvement, Medical Education, Management, Leadership, Research, Medico-legal, Consulting, Digital Health, Aesthetics, Pharmaceutical Industry, Wealth Management, Property, Investing and Wellbeing
Keynote sessions and workshops
10 am – CONFERENCE LAUNCH BY ALTERNATIVE DOCS TEAM
ANDY BURNHAM, MAYOR OF GREATER MANCHESTER
TONY YOUNG, NATIONAL CLINICAL LEAD FOR INNOVATION AT NHS ENGLAND
10:20 am – British Medical Association Library
10:25 – 10:55 Panel Discussion: The changing landscape of the NHS and Future of Health
- Professor Shafi Ahmed – Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Royal London Hospital. International Lead, Royal College of Surgeons. Associate Dean, Barts Medical School. Director, Medical Realities and Virtual Medics.
- Dr Anil Jain – Consultant Radiologist, Manchester University Foundation Trust. Deputy Chair, BMA Consultants Conference. Executive Member, Northwest Regional Council. Chair, Asian Breast Cancer Group and Patient to Patient Support Initiative.
- Mr Andy Anderson – Chief Executive of the Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH). Director Vopulus Limited.
- Dr Kate Burnett – Head of School, Health Education England North West
- Mr Simon Fleming, President, British Orthopaedic Trainees Association (BOTA) and Chief Resident for the International Conference in Residency Education (ICRE) #HammerItOut
Core Surgical Training applications (All – Day)
- Dr Alexander Yao – Project Cutting Edge
10:55 – 11 10 – Networking Break with Poster Presentations in Exhibition Zone
11:15 – WORKSHOPS BEGIN
11:10 – 11:30 Panel discussion: Improving Quality In Health
- Dr Umesh Prabhu – Patient Safety Leader, Former Medical Director (15 +years) and Consultant Paediatrician.
- Dr Matthew Alexander – Quality Improvement Lead, Sethi Health. Former Clinical Fellow for Health Informatics at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.
- Ms Linda Vernon – Digital Leader at Lancashire & South Cumbria STP and Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
11:35 – 12:00 – Panel discussion: Health in the Community and Primary Care perspectives
- Dr Kailash Chand OBE – Honorary Vice-President, British Medical Association and Chair, Healthwatch Tameside
- Dr Angela Goyal – Leeds GP, columnist and TV Presenter
- Maya Connolly – President, RCGP Student Group
- Ms Sadia Qayyum – Northern Lead, Practice Pharmacists Group and Lecturer, University of Manchester.
12:00 – 12:25 Panel discussion: Management, Leadership and Consulting Panel
- Dr Bryan Mcintosh – Consulting Editor, British Journal of Healthcare Management and International Dean, University of Bradford.
- Ms Nicola King, Director, Guild of Health Industry Consultants.
- Dr Spencer Gallagher, Former Emergency Doctor and Consultant, Proctor Gallagher Consultants.
12: 30 – 13:10 Networking Lunch and with Poster presentations in Exhibition Zone
13:15 – 13:45 Digital Health, Innovation and Start-Ups
Faculty of Digital Health session
Start-ups, Start-up ideas, pitching and competition
NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Fellow Pitches
- Steering Group Members, Faculty of Digital Health
- Mr James Norman, UK Public Sector Chief Information Officer, Dell
- Prof Shafi Ahmed, Founder, Barts X Medicine. Director, Medical Realities and Virtual Medics.
- Ms Linda Vernon, Digital Leader at Lancashire & South Cumbria STP and Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
- Mr Adnan Zaheer, Senior Finance Partner, PWC.
- Ms Liz Ashall-Payne, CEO and Founder, ORCHA
- Dr Cos Fantis, Medical Business Development Manager, Dr Morton’s – the medical helpline.
13:50 – 14:20 Exhibition Zone & Managing Your Wealth Seminar by Matt Rickard (Financial Adviser)
14:25 – 15:25 Panel discussion: Portfolio Career Presentations
- Innovation – Dr Chris Evans
- Medical Education – Ms Christiana Boules
- Leadership – Mayor Andy Burnham
- Leadership (NHS) – Dr Kailash Chand OBE
- Management and Leadership (North) – Manchester Medical Leadership and Management Society
- Management and Leadership (South) – Exeter Medical Leadership and Management Society
- Wellbeing – Mr Simon Fleming
- Aesthetics – Dr Tijion Esho
- Media (Author) – Dr Rachel Clarke
- Media (TV Doctor- Children) – Dr Ranj
- Media (TV Doctor – GP) – Dr Rangan Chatterjee
- Digital Health Leader – Prof Shafi Ahmed
- Digital Health Start-Up – Technology, Industry and Medical Entrepreneurship Society
- Digital Health Education – Mr Callum Taylor
- Social Media Influencer (Student) – Ms Nadine Abbas
- Social Media Influencer (Professional) – Ms Thorrun Govind
- Community (Professional) – Dr Harirah Syed
- Charity (Professional) – Dr Dinesh Khanna
- Charity (Student) – Mr James Adams
- Student of the year (Undergraduate) – Mr Fahad Mohammad
- Student of the year (Postgraduate) – Ms Emma Rocheteau
- Trainee of the year- Dr Sarah Merrifield
- Professional of the year – Dr Satnam Kaur
15:30 – 15:45 Networking Break with Poster Presentations in Exhibition Zone
15:45 – 16:10 Panel Discussion: Specialities and Medical Education
- Dr Jon Morris – GP, Director of Year 2, Swansea Medical School. Crowd and Event Doctor.
- Mr Simon Fleming – Mr Simon Fleming – President, British Orthopaedic Trainees Association (BOTA) and Chief Resident for the International Conference in Residency Education (ICRE) #HammerItOut
- Dr Rizwan Malik – Consultant Radiologist, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust, Trust PACS Lead and Associate CCIO
- Mr Greg Whyte, Faculty of Homeopathy
- Mr Rajiv Sethi, Faculty of Digital Health
16:15 – 16:45 Global Live Stream: Mental Health and Wellbeing. ‘The Wounded Healer’: An anti-stigma programme targeted at healthcare professionals and students. Presenter: Dr Ahmed Hankir
16: 45 – 17:00 Future of Portfolio Careers and CPD Certificates
1 “Everyone should be thinking it. I want to be a Psychiatrist because …”
Dr Ashely Baldwin
2 Global Live Stream @ICGRx – International Collaborative Grand Round ‘The Wounded Healer’ Use hashtag #ICGR2 on Social Media
Dr Ahmed Hankir
3 Developing a portfolio career in Psychiatry
Dr Dinesh Khanna
Medical Education and Academia
4 British Medical Association Library Keynote and over 10 Prizes to be won at the conference!
Building your medical education portfolio
Management, Leadership and Consulting
Portfolio Career Award Presentations
5 Becoming a Medico-legal professional by Saimah Malik
Aesthetics and Private Practice
6 Establishing a Private Clinic by Oli Zolman, CEO at P3 Clinic
7 Becoming an Aesthetic practitionerby Dr Esho, Channel 5 Body Fixers and The Esho Clinic
8 A portfolio career in the pharmaceutical sector by Alternative Docs Team
9 Managing Your Wealth Session by St. James Place partner Mr Matt Rickard
Call for Abstracts
We are delighted to announce that we are partnering with Editors and Journals to invite abstract submissions on the above topics. Please e-mail your abstracts for poster and oral presentations (no more than 250 words) to email@example.com
The day will include seminars, dedicated workshops with leading figures from industry and a diverse exhibition.
- Early bird rates: £15 per individual (Sold Out)
- Early bird rates 2nd release: £30 per individual (limited availability)
- Standard rates: £55 per individual
- Group rates: £40 per individual (Minimum purchase of 4 tickets applies)
- Royal College, RSM, Doctors.net and BMJ members – please contact us to access discount codes.
Student Rates: £25 per individual
Buy tickets via Eventbrite here: www.alternativedocs.eventbrite.co.uk
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for abstracts, presentations, group bookings or any queries.
If you would like to exhibit, showcase your business or work with us please e-mail office@Sethihealth.co.uk